It’s simple logic:
- A sentence begins this way in today’s Boston Globe:
The grounds of the Paul Revere House, Boston’s oldest building and a historic Colonial landmark,…
- The Paul Revere House was built in 1680 (plus or minus a year or two).
- The Blake House (in Dorchester) was built in 1648 (plus or minus a year or two).
- Ergo, the Paul Revere House is not Boston’s oldest building. The Globe was wrong.
So, come visit the oldest building in Boston! It’s in a safe part of Dorchester, so don’t worry about what you hear about our neighborhoods. The new days and hours for visiting the Blake House will probably be updated soon on the website of the Dorchester Historical Society, but I’ve been given the inside scoop, so you can say you saw it here first:
- February 17, 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
- March 9, 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
- April 6, 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
- May 18, 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
- June 8, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- July 13, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- August 10, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.