I suspect that Bella Luna has been waiting with bated breath for me to review it once again. We end up going there for dinner about once a month, after all, since Barbara works upstairs in the same building.
A reliable stand-by for excellent pizza and burgers, Bella Luna also has a full menu with a variety of interesting appetizers, pastas, and salads. We’ve always had attentive service, even when we get a server who hasn’t seen us in three months; and the food is consistently good even if rarely surprising. The menu doesn’t change much. Yesterday, however, there were six new enticing items in the menu! Well, five were enticing, as I could do without the sixth:
- grilled sirloin steak with creamy gruyere sauce with broccolini and roasted fingerling potatoes
- spicy teriyaki salmon with sesame seeds, scallions, bok choy, and black rice
- pan-seared scallops with apple reduction with parsnip puree and roasted leeks
- crispy fall mushrooms with linguini in a shallot cream sauce
- spinach fettucine with shrimp in a lemon dill cream sauce
- beet and goat cheese risotto
Barbara had the fettucine, and I had the scallops. Everything was delicious, and the portions were so big that we had to take half of the food home (for us, not the cats).